Mental Health Practitioner - Beechwood Surgery
Beechwood Surgery, Newport, South Wales
24 – 37 hours per week (to be discussed)
Permanent (ABUHB Secondment optional until March 2020)
We are a well-established, friendly and forward thinking training Practice who are committed to high quality care and the continued development of our Practice workforce. We are looking for an experienced and highly motivated Mental Health Practitioner to work as part of our very supportive and dedicated team. The post-holder will work as part of the GP Practice Team, alongside GPs and other primary care professionals to provide a mental health service to practice patients who have a wide range of mental health needs; and supporting the wider multi-disciplinary team through the provision of specialist advice, consultation, positive risk taking, supervision and training. The post-holder will work with a high level of clinical autonomy to assess and provide high-quality care and advice to patients with mental health needs; to provide information of patients and their carers including ‘signposting’ and referring to the appropriate community resources; and refer them to the Primary Care Mental Health Support Service (PCMHSS) or to secondary mental health services where further specialist assessment and/or intervention is required.
This is a new model of practice, and the post holder will play a key role in learning from and the evaluation of this new way of working.
• 14,300 Patients
• 5 Partners, 4 Salaried GP’s, Nurse Practitioner, 3 Nurses (including Minor Illness and Nurse led Chronic Disease Clinics), 2 HCA, 1 Phlebotomist and excellent administration team
• Full time Practice based Pharmacist
• Morning team coffee breaks
• Leading practice in the promotion and delivery of care navigation
• Fully committed to Workflow Optimisation & appropriate redirection within Practice
• Training Practice – GP Registrars and Y1, Y2 & Y5 Medical Students
• Training Academy – Pharmacists, Nurses and Student nurses
• Active involvement in local cluster
• Easy access to the M4 and City Centre
• Many close amenities including an award winning parkland
Successful applicants will be expected to work autonomously with support from GP Partners, and participate in an annual individual performance review. This includes taking responsibility for maintaining a record of own personal and continuing professional development plan for revalidation.
Informal enquiries/application with CV to:
Kelly Yemm Practice Manager/Dr Amy Regulski GP Partner
Beechwood Surgery, 371-373 Chepstow Road, Newport NP19 8HL
Tel: 01633 277771
Closing date: 28th June 2019