Practice Nurse - Blackwood Medical Group
Due to an expanding list size, we are looking for a highly motivated and reliable Practice Nurse with excellent communication and clinical skills to join our well-established, friendly and innovative practice. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing, dynamic, and forward-thinking team. We welcome applications from experienced Practice Nurses as well as those who have recently qualified.
We currently have a permanent vacancy offering the flexibility of 24/32 hours per week for an experienced Practice Nurse. The hourly salary (negotiable) will be depending on qualifications and experience.
We are looking to develop and increase our current Nursing team. You will be working alongside our existing 2 Practice Nurses, HCSW and a Phlebotomist to develop the service we currently offer our patients. You will be fully supported by our existing GPs & practice management team and as a patient-focused practice, in-turn you will be asked to deliver the highest quality service to our patients and our practice community. The successful applicant will be a dynamic individual, able to evidence qualifications / experience in a wide range of medical disciplines within primary care / general practice. The successful applicant will also need to evidence knowledge of QOF and chronic disease management.
• 13,100 patients
• 2 attractive, purpose-built surgeries (Avicenna and Oakdale Medical Centres)
• 5 Partners, 3 Nurses and excellent administrative support
• Directly employed Independent Prescriber Pharmacist
• INPS Vision and Docman
• One of only two ABUHB Cardiology GPwSI Hub Sites
• An appointment system that promotes continuity of care and flexible access
• Enhanced services – minor surgery, IUCD/Nexplanon, INR monitoring level 4 and extended hours
• Accredited as a training practice for Cardiff University 5th Year students and PiCRIS Level 2 clinical research site
• 25 minutes from Cardiff
• 6 weeks annual leave pro rata
• Excellent salary
• Continued development and training opportunities
• Weekly clinical meetings and monthly palliative care meetings
• The opportunity to fulfil a proactive role in the development and delivery of high quality clinical care for our patients
• Flexible start date
FOR AN INFORMAL DISCUSSION OR TO ARRANGE AN INFORMAL VISIT PLEASE CONTACT Mr GERALD KHAN ON 01495 227 156 OR
FOR AN INFORMAL DISCUSSION OR TO ARRANGE AN INFORMAL VISIT PLEASE CONTACT Mr GERALD KHAN ON 01495 227 156 OR firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply please send CV and covering letter to Mr Gerald Khan, Managing Partner, Avicenna Medical Centre, Blackwood Road, Pontllanfraith, Blackwood, Caerphilly NP12 2YU or email to Gerald.Khan@wales.nhs.uk